OET: Occupational English Test
*Pictures from a stock images database
The Occupational English Test (OET) is a test of English for healthcare professionals. It is accepted by the General Medical Council and Nursing and Midwifery Council as evidence of the English requirement.
Healthcare professionals require a grade B in the OET to work in the UK. Grade B is an advanced level of English, equivalent to IELTS band 7 and C1 in the Common European Framework (CEF).
OET is focused completely on work-related language and scenarios, allowing candidates to access their existing professional knowledge.
UKCE has been recognised as an official preparation provider by OET.
Entry requirement: B2+
Class time: 9:00 – 14:35 (5 hours per day, Monday to Friday)
– Needs analysis test
– Medical language (including informal language for communicating with patients)
– Effective communication with patients and their families
– All aspects of the exam are covered
– Speaking and writing sessions are specific to your profession
– Full practice test
– Additional materials, exclusive to official preparation providers
– Extended exam practice
Registration fee: £60*Please note there will be no classes on days where the course includes a bank holiday.
|Course||Start Day 2022||Time||Hours per Week||Days||Fees||Duration||Enrol|
|Occupational English Test|
|11th April, 6th June, 1st August, 26th September, 21st November||09:00 to 14:50||25||Monday to Friday||£600||4 weeks||Learn More|