Become a UK Homestay Host
We are looking for great hosts.
Every summer we bring together young learners from all over the world to participate in the UKCE summer camp hosted at The Godolphin School in Salisbury.
Many of the students stay at the school in their boarding houses, but an equal number want to have the great benefits that staying with a local host brings them – the great standards of care, the language practice and the pleasure of sharing summer in a welcoming environment.
Our students come from all over the world: Italy, Spain, Russia, Argentina, Brazil, China and many more countries. This is a perfect opportunity for potential hosts living in Salisbury to give the children a wonderful slice of life in England.
Some key facts that you may not know:
– Our local organiser is based in Salisbury and works closely with our regular and prospective hosts to support them.
– Our students are aged between 12 and 16.
– Our students attend school Monday to Friday, all day, and students staying in homestay also spend two evenings a week up at Godolphin and, don’t worry, we bring them home after that too.
– The students are also busy at the weekend – with a full day excursion on both Saturday and Sunday.
– Part of the student experience is living like a local so if you live close enough to the School, they walk. Otherwise they get the bus to and from school on their regular school days.
– The students will also receive their lunch at school: hot lunch during the week and packed lunch at the weekends.
In return for offering the students a great experience, hosts will receive an allowance per student per week, and the great feeling of having made a young person have a wonderful time in Salisbury.
UKCE is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks and an enhanced DBS will be required.
If you would like to find out more, then please put your details in the form below.