Call Now On +44 (0) 207 734 6485 to Enquire About This Course
IELTS Day course of 15 hours
General English 15
|IELTS 15 AM||09:00 to 12:25|
|IELTS 15 PM||15:00 to 18:20|
IELTS Course Description
The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is the most popular method of testing English language proficiency in the world. For those wishing to study, work or migrate to an English-speaking country, a good result in this exam is crucial. At the UK College of English, we offer a daytime IELTS course to help candidates get ready for the test.
Our IELTS preparation course aims to:
- Help you improve your accuracy and fluency in the English language
- Help you to become more confident with each of the elements: listening, reading, writing and speaking
- Familiarise you with the format of the test and improve your exam technique
- Allay any concerns and answer questions around the test and its structure
Who we accept on the course
At UKCE, we run a number of courses to help non-native speakers improve their English. This particular course is aimed at those with a minimum level of B2, as it is designed for students planning to enter university, further education or employment in an English-speaking country.
IELTS course objectives
The objectives of the course are specifically related to the IELTS exam and aim to progress students to a level of English that enables them to study or work competently in an English-speaking country. They therefore include:
- Making students aware of the test format, organisation and content
- Exploring the types of question that appear in the Listening element and practising accordingly
- Exploring the types of question that appear in the Academic Reading element, and practising the various ways to answer different question types such as label completion, sentence endings and short-answer questions
- Focusing on the types of writing task in the test and practising accordingly
- Focusing on the types of speaking requires in the test and practising accordingly
- Exam strategies and use of authentic past papers
- Remedial grammar and vocabulary work where required
Book a place on our IELTS London Day Course
If this is the right course for you, contact UKCE today on +44 (0)203 918 2440 to book your place. Alternatively, book online.
If this is not the course for your needs, you can view our other English day courses and enrol on the one that best suits your requirements.